Sunday, November 29, 2009

Family

What a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! We had my whole family over to our house on Thanksgiving Day so I experienced making my first turkey. I guess I succeeded, although it wasn't anything special. I may have learned a few things though:)

The older boys love to play basketball, and Thanksgiving was no different. Chris even jumped in on a pretty intense game of horse and then knockout with Tyler.


Check out Andrew on a mission. Not sure where he was headed, but definitely on the move:)



We thought on such a beautiful Thanksgiving Day, we'd try to get some "family pictures" taken. Well, for a day of many thanks, the lack of cooperation from my older children when trying to get pictures was not appreciated:( Although with the one we ended up with, it appears my 2 year old may have been the issue. When we asked him what he was doing he said, "Looking over there at the trees." Honesty is a good thing:)


So, this is what we ended up. Yes, I can look at it now and be thankful that we were all there to even attempt taking the pictures. I do appreciate these incredible days we can share together as a family. Some day, I think, maybe everyone will look at the camera at the same time:) But until then . . .

I'll be very thankful for what I am blessed with - a wonderful husband and 4 amazing boys!


On Friday we were able to spend the day with Chris' family and watch the "cousins" enjoy some time together. There is definitely never a dull moment with 6 boys around:)

Here's a small glimpse of 1/2 of the active boys along with Aunt Cori and Grandma.


The football game in the front yard. Not sure if Andrew truly understands what he is about to get involved in. Luckily, he survived.


We have lots to be thankful for, and wonderful extended families close by to share the holidays with. Thanks for creating many memories for us as well as our children:)

No comments: