Tyler went to Camp Mennoscah for what is called their "First Camp".
Check in was between 5 and 6 pm. It was very difficult to leave him there, although I'm not sure why. He was a little apprehensive and didn't like the fact that none of his "friends" were there. He kept saying, "I don't know anyone." This wasn't completely true because he knew a number of girls (pictured here with Addi), but just not boys. Well, a few tears later by mom (not around him of course) I left him there. I knew deep down he would have a good time and it was only a couple days. After all, this was a place I LOVED as a child and continued attending as a counselor for years after I was unable to be a camper. It's just getting over the initial plunge into it.
Well, we picked him up this morning at 9 am (total of only 36 hours there). He had a good time! After we got home he said he was ready to come home when he got up this morning. I guess he was a little homesick but he made it through. He had fun, met new friends, and did say he'd like to go back next year. That's good.
Before leaving for camp the biggest event that occurs in June started --- HARVEST! I wasn't able to be very involved that day due to taking Tyler to camp and then stopping at Ryan's baseball game on the way home. Yesterday was the "real" beginning for me as the farmer's wife (i.e. Cook). I spent the day in the kitchen with my mother preparing food. We made bierocks for supper in the field last night and then cinnamon rolls for break on Saturday (unfortunately with the rain, my family gets to eat the cinnamon rolls and we'll have to make more next week). I enjoy the excitement that comes each year with harvest and yesterday was great because they cut the field right west of our house. Ryan was out there all day and was driving the grain cart. Below you can see how well he has mastered "dumping on the go". I can't even do that, but he's a natural and loves it.
No comments:
Post a Comment