Since February is Ectodermal Dysplasias Awareness month, we contacted KWCH Channel 12 in the local Wichita area to do a story. They came out this afternoon, Megan Strader along with cameraman Tim and an intern, and spent about 45 minutes with us. They took a lot of video shots and interviewed Chris and I about our journey with EEC and Ectodermal Dysplasias. We felt they did an excellent job helping us "get the word out" and raise awareness. If you were not in the local viewing area, or missed it, follow the link below to see the story.
http://www.kwch.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=4581201&h1=Moundridge%20Family%20Raising%20Awareness%20for%20EEC&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=103467&LaunchPageAdTag=IVillage&activePane=info&rnd=75173888
Last chance for raffle ticket purchases ---- we're taking donations until Wednesday, March 3. Tyler's 9th birthday is Saturday, March 6, if you'd like to purchase tickets as his "present". Thank you all for your support and love to us as we continue this journey in our life.
5 comments:
That is an amazing video, DeAnn and Chris! Yes, you have been chosen and blessed by God with your family. And so have many others!
I just now got around to seeing this. What a great news story, and an even greater journey you have walked for seven years!
DeAnn and Chris...I just wanted you to know that I am totally moved by your story. I am having trouble finding the words right now to express how much respect and love I have for your family. You are amazing people who truly know the definition of unconditional love. You have been blessed beyond measure and I just want you to know that God has brought me to your story for a reason. I am afraid I have missed the cutoff for the raffel...not thinking I'd get my money to you on time, but I am here for whatever you might need. Your boys...oh your boys are amazing. All four of them. DeAnn, as you know, we have three of our own. I will be lifting you up in prayer as you raise these boys...because we both know it isn't easy. But just knowing that there are families out there like you makes it so much more rewarding. God Bless you and your very wonderful family. I am proud to call you my blog friend. So so proud.
Amy Nelson
Uhm...I meant raffle. You are a teacher and I know how you notice things like this...it is in your blood! :) Have a great day!
I knew Tyler would have great hoop skills but didn't realize he played the piano too! Very impressive.
Channel 12 needs to come back in 3 or 4 years (and again and again) and do follow-ups. DeAnn & Chris - very NICE interview. I'm sure you touched a lot of hearts and raised awareness. Keep getting "out there" - maybe the newspapers could run your story and info on how folks can help. Keep strong!
Post a Comment