I'm feeling a strong pull from the heart to make this important post tonight. I will start by confessing that there have been numerous times in the last year where I have been extremely angry with God. I've wondered how so many things can go wrong for one family (or different than I'd like), feeling like so many things have happened: having a 2nd child with EEC, many medical issues, dealing with EEC, trying to meet their needs, trying to meet the needs of the other 2 children, countless trips to KC, 2 major surgeries for the boys, loss of a job, etc. Not meaning to sound like I'm whining, but needing to explain my feelings. Then, things looking up --- getting my 5th grade job and feeling like things are going better again. Then . . .
This evening Tyler had a baseball scrimmage in Moundridge. After the scrimmage we went to the Babe Ruth baseball game that my brother Gregg coaches. We didn't get back home until after 10 with everyone needing to take baths and get ready for bed. After getting Grant out of the bathtub and beginning to try to feed him, I realized his obturator was not in his mouth (just some background --- he does NOT eat without it in, and it is a small appliance that covers the roof of his mouth to create an "artificial palette". This small items only costs $500 and has to be specially made in KC). I searched the bathtub, his car seat, the car, and determined that realistically it had probably fallen out at the baseball game. Well, time to go try to find it although I truly believed the chances of finding it were little to none and felt like I'd be looking for a needle in a hay stack.
Left for the ball diamond at 11:00 pm --- got there and left the car running with the brights on. Praying the whole way that some how I could find it. Looked where we sat, nothing. Searched the ground more, nothing. Went over to where Chris was standing before we left, was shining 2 flashlights on the ground, all of sudden, there it was smashed in the dirt, dirt all over in it --- hardly visible but some how I saw it. All I can say is that I truly believe I was not looking alone. I believe I had to be smacked in the head with this last disaster and unbelievable outcome to realize that God has not left my side, and is there watching over me as well as my family. It was truly a miracle that I was able to find it when I honestly had NO idea where it had fallen out. So, time for me to stop being angry, and focus on counting my blessings and all the great things that have happened because God is in my life. Praise the LORD!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness!! That obterator could write its own book! What a wonderful story of faith and HOPE!
Love you all, fh
Lost but Found. Your journey is an inspiration. Thank you!
So glad you found the "fixer" and I totally understand the part about sometimes "being mad at God"...A friend of mine once told me that "When God closes a door, He opens a window" (you know the phrase...something like that).I replied to her, "Well, I've been standing BY the window for a long time and all I can are smudges! We both had a laugh and I realized that I probably needed to "clean that window" tomake it work for me! YOU are a strong individual and I truly do believe that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. With each climb of that tough ladder, you are teaching others how to ACT and REact to various situations. I admire you for that. Glad "not lost" turned out right, but even if you had not found it, there would have been another "answer." The old phrase comes to mind: "Don't worry about me...God isn't finished with me yet." I know that God is not "finished" with any of us. Love you guys! See you SOON!
Teetay :)
Post a Comment