The biggest news was finding out last Thursday that Kaitlen and I would both have Full-time 5th grade teaching jobs. God always works in mysterious ways, and it happened once again. Kaitlen and I are excited to be teaching partners next year, but I am sad to see Molly Budde pursue her career in Newton because Ryan was excited to have her. Now he's excited to know he'll be in Mrs. Ortman's room. I am excited to start a new grade level and move over to the middle school with Ryan. There will be some work to get my stuff organized in the classroom, but it's also always fun to start a new adventure in education. I also feel blessed to be able to make this move with Ryan's class because they are a GREAT group of kids. Definitely ones as a teacher to feel great having 2 years in a row.
The only other major thing that has happened is Grant got his cast off last Thursday. Now he just has a little gauze wrap covering his hand until it is completely healed. It looks good and is healing more every day. He still loves to bang it on anything that will make noise, but I think he's probably glad it isn't as heavy as it was before.
He is crawling everywhere, and now has started pulling up on things to stand. He is VERY wobbly, but loves to stand there like a big boy. He's also had one adventure down the stairs (when is 2 year old brother pushed him down), and then I caught him with one hand over the edge of the top step the other day. It was almost his second adventure down the stairs --- whoo, glad I caught him.
1 comment:
What a year--and what a time for new beginnings! I'm so proud of those awesome boys and their parents! And--Congratulations, Ryan! I know you'll love middle school, a new adventure to share with your friends--and your MOM!! fh
Post a Comment