Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday ended up being a pretty major day. Monday evening at the board meeting it was voted on to cut 2 teachers from the elementary school due to declining enrollment and very small classes. The news that I was one of those came yesterday morning, right before I left school to take Tyler to KC for a doctors appointment. So, luckily my mother-in-law went with me and kept me occupied, although there was still a lot of "think" time and many tears. Who knows what will be in store for me now. A song has been running through my mind constantly for the last 24 hours that I haven't heard in years: "When God closes a door, he opens a window." Well, I'm bright eyed ready to see the open window and what lies ahead. Pray that I will welcome it with open arms.

On the KC doctor appointment note, Tyler's surgeon said things seemed to be healing. Amen for that. He didn't see signs of a current infection but wants us to continue the antibiotic for the next 10 days until we go back next Thursday, the 23rd. He has a splint with a wrap around it, but we were told he can take it off and soak his foot for 5 minutes or so every day. This also means he can actually sit in the bath tub --- yeah, no more sponge baths. Continue to pray for healing in his foot and his own patience as he gets around slowly. He had been hopping around a lot, but that may have contributed to the rubbing on his foot so he's to use his walker and not hop --- doesn't seem quite "fast" enough for him.

On the cute side of things, here is a picture of Andrew who was able to spend the afternoon with Kaitlen Ortman yesterday. I know they had a blast!!! I couldn't get him to leave and the picture tells it all. Thanks for wonderful friends to help out!!!



2 comments:

Lynda said...

DeAnn, I am sorry to hear that you too, have lost your job for the fall. :( We do know that God has you in the palm of his hands and he has a great plan for you. you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your job news - our prayers are with you. I guess that means that now you and the littlest boys can stay in VA and play with me and the girls while Chris returns home with Ryan and Tyler for them to start school in August. That would be fun, wouldn't it????!!!!????
Hugs to you all!
Kristin