We had a great day at the Indy races on Sunday at the Kansas Speedway. I have to admit, this is definitely something I never thought I'd do. But, when you are given 3 tickets (when Tyler was at the doctor at Children's Mercy Hospital last week), then it begins to seem like an opportunity to take because you probably won't ever do it again. We did find 2 other tickets from a guy in Newton so I was able to go along with Chris, his Uncle Myron, Ryan, and Tyler. Luckily, the rain held off during the races. We did go down on the infield before the race started and saw things a little closer along with taking some pictures at "Victory Lane".
Ryan was also able to get Helio's autograph (you know, the guy from "Dancing with the Stars").
He was pretty excited, although it didn't compare to the lady next to me who Helio hugged --- she just kept screaming, "I can't believe this! Oh my gosh!" It was a fun experience, although a very long day! We left home at 8 a.m. and returned (after driving through rain basically the whole way home) at 10:30 p.m.
No comments:
Post a Comment