Friday, August 8, 2008

Last Free Week

As I approach the end of my last free week before school begins, I can't believe summer is over. It seems like a mad dash to get everything done for school. This week has consisted of the following:
Ryan starting football --- yes, he is playing tackle football with the Halstead Hurricanes and had practice for 2 hours Tuesday and Thursday evenings --- this fall will be crazy with that.
Tyler and Andrew just continued in their same active ways. Andrew is beginning to talk so much. His newest words are Ryan, Tyler, yeh, and anything else said that he can mimic.
DeAnn --- trying to work on my classroom some, although I haven't been there much at all. I'm having a difficult time giving up my last few days of being able to do what I want. I have to report for inservice and meetings Monday and will then have the first day with students Thursday.
So, instead . . . . .
Chris and I --- met with the electricians for the house for 3 1/2 hours Wednesday morning to determine every outlet, light switch, and light for the house. Wow, lots of decisions. We went to Wichita Thursday and tried to determine countertops for the kitchen and bathrooms. Then today I began to look at some paint samples to match the countertops. We're trying to get some house decisions done so when school begins and baby is born, we don't feel too stressed about it.
Anyway, that's about it on the home front here. Our next sonogram is the 19th and then we'll determine whether we'll set an induction date for the beginning of the week of the 24th or not. The time is definitely approaching fast and the next few weeks will be very busy. Wish us luck as we begin the "school routine" again!

1 comment:

Shaun & Kaitlen Ortman said...

Okay, I'm going to leave you a "comment," so you won't be sad that there aren't any. Three more days until school starts! SCARY!