Saturday, June 18, 2011

A month of activities in a nutshell

As my boss often says "Good Governor" --- it has now been over a month since I posted last.  I was going to get better about this ---- and as you can see, that has not happened.  So, here goes trying to wrap up a months worth of activities in a nutshell!  I'll try to include pictures to make it go faster (or slower depending on the speed of your computer:)

Beautiful Kansas sunset --- this is what I love about living in the country and the direction our house faces.  This is a picture from our front porch:)


Here is Ryan playing the largest instrument possible - - - the sousaphone (sp?) in the McPherson All Schools Day Parade (he plays the tuba in the band but the sousaphone is the marching instrument for the tuba).  They marched 3/4 of a mile to a mile.  He was a little tired by the end.  It was VERY cold for the beginning of May and the wind was strong, but thankfully from the North which was behind them.  

Here is proof that it was COLD!  Tyler insisted on wearing shorts (although he was strongly encouraged not to and given many opportunities to change).  Let's just say that Ryan and Tyler went with me to work a track meet later this same day and they both made the decision to wear sweats and a sweatshirt . . . I believe this would be considered "natural consequences" that a child chooses to learn a lesson from:)

Grant has become quite the little piano player.  He especially enjoys playing with other friends:)
Here he is with Morgan.


And here with Kalyn

This is one of those pictures that could get me in trouble later in life, but oh it is cute and funny now:) 
True farmers . . . wearing boots with anything and everything!

Time spent with a dear friend, Anika Nissen, who was an exchange student from Denmark my junior year of high school.  So wonderful to spend a little time with her!!!  She hasn't changed a bit!


Time with the cousins . . . Grant and Ian were driving the tractor (pretending of course).  Pretty cute!!!

 The cousins taking swimming lessons together . . . Luke and Andrew.  They are having a great time together!

Oh how Andrew loves the water and splashing in any way he can!!!!  This request to sit on the step and kick was no problem for him!

Alright - I realized I haven't even gotten to baseball for the boys or harvest . . . stay tuned and hopefully within the next couple days I'll get that covered and posted!  The beginning of summer has been a whirlwind, but very enjoyable and relaxing!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

What a surprise to see Anika on here! I remember her killer serves in volleyball. :) Fun pictures!

Anonymous said...

OK--I need that photo of Grant and Ian on the tractor on the next calendar. . .fh