Well, this is the last free night! We've just had two snow days and they have been WONDERFUL days together. Yesterday, I didn't leave the house all day! We got up, made donuts out of Grands biscuits, drank hot chocolate and had a lazy morning. There was even time for a relaxing run on the treadmill. For lunch we made Western burgers (with actual Onion Strings from a Pioneer Woman recipe). The onion strings were good, but the house looked like a fog of smoke from deep fat frying the onions - wow - it smelled too. When the temperature is 5 degrees with blowing wind, not a great time to be opening windows to air out the house:) Grandpa and Grandma came for lunch and then a game of Apples to Apples together. After making No BAke cookies, we ended the day enjoying the KU game by the fire - which is when we got the call for no school again today. YEAH!!!!!
Unfortunately, Chris had to work, so it was just the boys and I today. I started off the day "spoiling them" by making biscuits for Ryan (so he could use the gravy from the refrigerator for biscuits and gravy), and making French Toast for Tyler. We enjoyed lunch with Shaun and Kaitlen at Lincoln Perk in Hesston --- I was pleased to have a wonderful fancy coffee. After coming home, I helped bundle the older 3 kids up to go out and ride the 4-wheeler in the snow a little.
I tried to take pictures of the beautiful drift in our front yard, but the pictures didn't do it justice.
I baked oatmeal bread this afternoon and Chris helped make White Chili for supper. It's amazing how much cooking and baking can take place when you are actually home. Now, time to finish the snow days off sitting back in the recliner. Thank you for a couple free days to enjoy with the family!
No comments:
Post a Comment