Well, we survived the first week of school:)
Here are the boys ready to go.
Ryan and Tyler both rode the bus - and Andrew stayed on the porch to watch the bus go!
Grant wouldn't stand with the boys, so here we are ready to go:)
And here is the new preschooler:0 Had to take the "every angle" pictures to fully see how proud he was of his new backpack!
Andrew in front of his preschool door.
He was just starting to cry, knowing I was going to be leaving.
I have to say the first week of school went very well. The kids have said things are going well too and have not had any complaints! I honestly wasn't sure how I would feel about junior high students - especially the 7th and 8th graders. But, I am really loving it!!! I am learning every day new things and teaching things I've never taught in science before, but I'm surviving! I feel my head is barely above water, but at least I'm still breathing and not drowning:) I have a new learning device in my classroom called a Promethean Board. I have to admit that this tool makes preparing lessons a little more enjoyable. I'm learning daily with it also, but once I devise a lesson, I'll be able to easily use it year after year.
I'm also the assistant volleyball coach for the middle school. Yesterday we played in a B Team tournament at Halstead and took 3rd place. The girls played really well. I'm finding that it is great to be teaching these same kids that I'm coaching - makes the relationship easier on both ends.
Ryan was given the opportunity to be the manager for middle school football because they only have 15 players out and no one in 7th or 8th grade wanted to be manager. Two of his 6th grade friends are doing it with him and he's liking that.
Tyler is in his first year playing football with the Halstead Hurricanes. His first game is next Saturday. He also has to go to practice every Tuesday and Thursday from 6-8 pm, so that has made evenings a little busier for us all. Life is busy, but it is an enjoyable busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment