Well, Friday the snow came in - of course, just in time for the weekend. It seems we can't have the snow during the week for a snow day. Oh well, it was beautiful.
It was a beautiful winter blizzard in Kansas (as a much as a blizzard as it gets here). I'll admit, not much snow but it was blowing straight sideways, so that constitutes a blizzard, right? We can be thankful for the following:
sitting downstairs with the fireplace lit,
Ryan - playing card games (pinnocle, gin rummy), shooting baskets, playing the Wii
Tyler - relaxing on the couch (not too many other options), playing the Wii
Andrew - playing in the "no" (can't quite get the 's' on 'snow'), playing tractors & truck
Grant - enjoyed floor time, cuddling with mom & dad, rolling across the floor, and getting up
on his knees to rock, only to come crashing down to the floor
Dad - getting stuck in the driveway, playing in the snow with the tractor (OK, blading the
snow so he wouldn't get stuck again)
Mom - spent day in kitchen enjoying the pleasure of baking
Due to mom's day in the kitchen, we had our own "breadbasket German buffet" at home since we couldn't travel there. I made a double batch of sweet roll dough to make bohne beroggi, cinnamon rolls, and a pan of peanut butter twists. We baked a ham in the oven so we could use it for our gravy in the evening. My brothers, Gregg and Kent came over as well as Chris' Uncle Myron. For our dinner we enjoyed verenike (frozen from our youth verenike supper in February), ham gravy, ham, and bohne berrogi with sweet sauce. I attempted zwieback but was unsuccessful - the dough never rose. Thinking back, I think I put the yeast in water that was too warm and it killed the active rising agent - whoops. Hopefully I'll try again someday and be more successful.
This was a great weekend for time spent together as a family! Thank God for snowy weather that kept us inside.
2 comments:
I'm so pleased you were able to enjoy some real family time together. What a gift! I love the pictures. Stay safe and know that you are loved! fh
Did chris get stuck in a snow drift going to work or is he helping someone else out? We've missed hanging out in NICU. New room is nice but alittle boring. The Wagners tells us that we've missed a lot of action. Well bed time we'll catch up later.
Ryan
Post a Comment