I've been told that new pictures of Grant need to be posted, so . . . . . . Here's a new one of him - highlighting his newly repaired lip and the wonderful job the doctors did.
As far as other news goes, some of you already know the biggest news where Tyler is concerned, but others may not. We will be traveling back up to Kansas City for him to have surgery on his left foot March 18 (the first day of spring break). Dr. Olney will be closing the "cleft" some in his foot. He's been having a difficult time finding shoes that feel good and the doctor feels that will only get worse as time goes on. We've felt for some time now that his foot is spreading farther apart and had that confirmed at the doctor. Tyler is NOT excited about this and was quoted as saying, "I don't want to go to the doctor. Every time I go they tell me I have to have surgery." Unfortunately, that did happen again. We are sorry he feels that way and hope someday he will realize that our ultimate goal was to make things the best they could be for him! I do feel confident someday he'll realize that, it's just difficult right now for him to see the "future". This surgery will require an overnight stay in Kansas City at Children's Mercy Hospital (we will become very familiar with that place). Please keep all of us in your prayers: knowledge for the doctors, understanding for Tyler to know why this is necessary, words for us as parents to help him get through it, and understanding for all of us through his recovery as he'll be on crutches for 4-6 weeks. They will look at doing his other foot at a later date, but we'll probably wait until after summer due to swimming, baseball, a big trip for us to Washington DC, etc.
Ryan's basketball team is on a 2 game winning streak! It is amazing to see the improvement they are making. We are so proud of their gains and the individual development Ryan has made since last year. His high game was 8 points, and he's playing point guard some of the time. Never thought he'd be a point guard, but he's doing a good job. It's not a position I expect him to be in forever, but for now it's working. It's just fun to see his team work together and achieve a mutual goal of winning. He's truly enjoying it (although we're unsure how excited he is that his mom is on the sideline as an assistant coach). Thankfully, someone else has taken the head responsibility.
1 comment:
Hang in there Tyler! I can relate sooo much. Like you, it seemed that all doctors wanted to do was poke and prod and operate on me. I can tell you though, that it will be very worthwhile. You have a long life in front of you. You are going to be able to do so many exciting and amazing things, many of which you haven't even imagined yet!
Post a Comment