Since I haven't been doing a very good job of keeping anyone up to date on what "has" happened --- this time I'm going to try the what "will be happening".
This weekend is the MCC Sale - a "must" event in our schedule. Ryan and Tyler will have their first opportunity to actually work at it, as I signed them up to help serve vegetables. I'm really hoping this will be a great service that they'll enjoy. We'll only be at the sale Friday evening as Ryan will have his last MAYB basketball tournament on Saturday. It will just be a one day tournament. Although we wish they'd play more games in their tournament weekends for the cost, we also feel very fortunate that not many tournaments this year have interfered with church. Sunday afternoon the kids will have a chance to go skating with a group from church - should be fun, busy (especially with the little ones), and full of memories!
Next weekend, Chris will be running in his FIRST half-marathon! I think I gave him the "half-marathon fever". My brother will be joining him and they'll be running in Lawrence. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to capture the photo moments because I'll be taking our children to church. I know they will do great and can't wait to hear about it.
We just found out today that Andrew will be having an adnoidectomy/tonsillectomy on April 20. He has not been sleeping very well for the last year or more and finally decided it was time to have this checked out. Let's just say that we found his tonsils were HUGE (basically touching his uvula) and his adnoid is large also. Due to a couple visits with getting wax out of ears, he is not real excited about this event happening. Please pray for him to be calm and an excellent patient.
Then it seems May 1 is right around the corner. That will be when I will be running my third half-marathon at the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon! My friend Vanessa will be joining me and I'm excited - although I'll feel better after my next two weekends of long runs and then when the race is actually finished. I've heard it is an amazing run and loved my experience in Kansas City with a large number of people participating. This one will be about twice as big - it will definitely be quite a rush!
Right after that will be our next medical surgeries with Tyler and Grant both having dental work done on May 4. Grant's will be pretty minor this time (although we found that he will be requiring MUCH dental work in the future - probably mainly beginning around age 6 or 7 with a bone graft), and Tyler will be having a tooth pulled as well as some cavities filled. I believe his dental care will be increasing too, although not to the same extent as Grant's will. They will both be having the work done by the same dentist the same day, so prayers will be needed for us then too.
I would like to express how grateful we feel for the blessings God has given us. Yes, we have trials just like most do, but the opportunities we've had far out-weigh the struggles. We've been blessed beyond belief with good health to participate in numerous activities and thoroughly enjoy them! Our kids keep us hopping, but again, the joy we find being involved in their lives is truly priceless! Thank you God for all you've provided for our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment