Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Year, New Grades

All 4 kids on the 1st day of school

The Huxman family has successfully started a new year, with all the 3 "school age" members being in a new grade. Tyler had a great first day with Mrs. Kaufman. A little different for him as ALL the 3rd graders are in one classroom, although they will be divided up/or have more assistance during the core subjects of Math and Reading. Ryan really enjoyed Middle School and the 5th grade with Mrs. Ortman - Kaitlen that is (yeah, we'll see how it works being in a class with a great family friend). His only complaint about his first day was that Band was only 25 minutes long --- he thought it should be longer. That's great if that is the only complaint.

I started at the Middle School in the 5th grade also. I am really enjoying it!!! Ryan still doesn't mind me being around as I have still received a hug each of the last 2 days. I'm enjoying the moment because I'm sure it will not last too long. This was a great class to move up from 4th grade with:) The most stressful part for me is creating everything new for class AND I agreed to be the Junior High Assistant Volleyball coach. So, I have to go to practice for 2 hours directly after school each day. Hard not being able to stay and clean things up/get ready for the next day. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf in a new building by getting to school by 7:30 each morning. So far, so good (although it has only been 2 days).

The Bus Boys

Walking out to the bus - Hershey joining them
It was very nice to be able to watch them get on the bus from the front porch.


Andrew sitting on the porch watching the older 2 boys get on the bus.
He would NOT leave the porch until the bus was out of sight. Today, he
wanted to see them get on the bus again. I have a feeling this will be an
everyday occurrence.

No comments: